The squibs are moist

Up after Lorraine brought me a cup of tea in bed. Wanted to spring up and surge on with things, however after a while of actually being up I still felt drained and lifeless. A bit of a damp squib for the first working Monday of my year. There was the possibility of work from two directions today, but neither of them coughed up. I did a bit of year planning, and then simply read afterwards. I started reading a contemporary horror book called The Chalk Man, which I downloaded for 99p onto my kindle. It was a best seller and has the likes of Stephen King saying how horrific it is.

I went for two short walks around the block. It was good to suck in some fresh air. Lorraine home in need of a glass of wine. I read her some more of The Box of Delights tonight. It has been years since I read it, and there are parts of it I had completely forgotten. It is an almost lost classic. It is a good deal more disjointed than many of the Children's books that followed it, such as the Hobbit, or the Narnia books, but it is full of magic, and often beautiful writing and humour too.

Comments