In the bleak midwinter, frosty scribe made moan

My essay on waiting was unplaced in London Magazine's essay competition. Not too sore about this as I had to rush for the deadline, and having reread it lately I thought the conclusion was weak. But you have to give things your best shot at the time.

Contacted my pals in Chiswick, and it seems the prospect of any more work this month has melted away due to general quietness. It seems the poos and kidneys work was just a flash in the pan. I recontacted the folks in Paddington who had offered me some work last week. I did not hear back today either. All this did was prove the requirement for steady nerves and iron discipline. I remained buoyant.

Wrote to my accountant, retaining his services for the year, and sent some poems into the rejectosphere. Downloaded the updated Scrivener, as it was unsupported on Apple's updated OS. I had bought Scrivener through the App store, a schoolboy error, as the billionaires at Apple will make you pay the full price again, despite them moving the goalposts. Luckily, Scrivener recently offered a discount for App store customers as long as you sent them proof of purchase. Got the upgrade at around half price, so it was worth it. Scrivener is so much better for writing things on than a word processor. A business necessity guv.

Walked over to Hove this afternoon to spend a couple of hours with Helen, to discuss the end of the opera. Quite a nippy day today and was cold by the time I got there.  She has written a gorgeous tune for the final scene and, in a reversal of our normal working practice, she wants me to fit the words to the notes, which is fine as I have done this before. Nice to escape into music and Centaurs.

Then bought a swede and two potatoes and walked home again to make sausages and mash for Lorraine when she got home. A listening to music, and chatting night. I was very tired, and so was Mrs Kenny. On a facebook page for people in Brighton, everyone moaning about this terrible cold that's going round and how it lasts for ages. Also saw on facebook a marvellous speech by David Lammy, which nutshells everything I feel about Brexit and the duty to tell the truth.

Below Helen playing me the new piece.








Comments