A cold coming

Attempting Iron Discipline this morning, despite very little sleep the night before. Getting a grip with various bits of correspondence, some dealing with Janet, plus other bits more forward looking. Went for a walk through Blaker's Park and then down into Preston Park. In Lucerne Road I saw a congregation of Corvids, an angry jay shrieking at a pair of magpies, who were then joined by a rook, all in a bare roadside tree.

A turn around Preston Park, and then home again feeling wan and lifeless.

Good news from Anton, who had returned from his cardiac checkup with the news that he has been released back into the world, not needing another checkup in five years, nor does he require any medication. Wonderful news, which did not stop Anton moaning about having paid for two hours of parking, when the consultation took ten minutes.

As the day wore on, I began the properly streaming cold that Lorraine had. Then, as always seems to happen when I am feeling rubbish, I was then offered some work for tomorrow.  I said yes but it has not been confirmed. Lorraine home early for her, but feeling worse and worse, I went to bed at around 8pm having watched the last two episodes of Bleak House. I had found my copy of the book during the day and re-read its opening chapter. Dickens was such a peerless writer of English, the prose teems with imaginative ideas, and his prose is rhythmic and full of fabulous word choices.

I went to sleep, trying not to worry about the work that might come tomorrow, and trying not to be too galled by already being blown off the Iron Discipline course by a cold.

In another of my fabulous photos, four birds in a tree.


Comments