Lorraine sent home

Up early today, but raging. Sodding 1-2-3 reg had taken money out of my account for a domain I had cancelled. Got up and started a ticket with them. They make everything difficult. Then looked at books again, sent stuff off to the accountant. Met up with Keith and discussed the state of play. Completed filling in the solicitor's forms, which I got Lorraine to check this evening. Notes to Robin about the podcast and so on. 

When I was talking to Keith Lorraine called and said she had fallen over at school early this morning. Then she did the sports day, which was held this morning, and only then came home at noon. She is okay though a bit bruised. I was worried about her obviously. She spent the afternoon resting. It was contagious and I ended up having a sleep too for an hour in our room with Lorraine with the big doors open. Very restorative. Lorraine okay though and, despite me worrying about her, seemed to be suffering no ill effects, although I suspect she had been a bit shocked at the time.

Went for a walk and encountered a man shouting Charlie! into the air and doing a special whistle. I thought it was a dog owner seeking his hound. But he stopped me to ask if I had seen a parrot. Turns out that yesterday Charlie had escaped the garden netting and had been immediately mobbed by seagulls and flew away from the area to escape. The poor guy, whose name was Chris, was obviously very distressed by this. He thought Charlie had headed north, so this evening he was running about the golf course and surrounding fields calling and doing his special whistle. He told me that Charlie might die of dehydration if not found by today. I chatted to him for a while and told him I'd keep my eyes peeled. Poor guy, I really felt for him and his parrot. 

Update. Typing this on Thursday the 16... Just checked on Facebook as Chris gave me his name, and he and his parrot have been reunited. Very pleased to hear this. 

Home again, my 10k paces secured, and Lorraine made a fantastic salad, which we ate with griddled halloumi and boiled new potatoes. All very nice indeed. More trekkie stuff tonight. All well. 


Comments