Interlude

A sort of interlude where nothing really happened. I had no freelance so had space to work on poems but didn't find myself in the right headspace to make the best of this. Raining for much of the day turning our newly concreted front path into a big puddle -- we are negotiating with the people who did this to redo it.  

More happily I plan to meet Liz (my sudden cousin) and her son Thomas this Saturday for a coffee, as they will be in Brighton to check out further education.

In the afternoon I sloped off to get a haircut. Enjoyed walking through the park. A Stacy special taking the best part of an hour. You learn lots in the barber's. Apparently there are three cases of monkey pox in the local hospital. One of Stacy's pals came in and there was protracted banter at his expense, which he was laughing at ruefully.  I like the fact I am known by name in the barbers. Maybe I'll keep going there when I am in Seaford.

Home and cooked a veggie chilli for Lorraine and Sam. Lorraine finding going back to school tricky. We relaxed by watching Star Trek The Next Generation again. It is often clunky, but very escapist.



 


Comments