Arrival of the sudden cousin

So up slowly this morning. Grateful for not having to rush anywhere this Saturday. 

Lorraine and I getting ourselves sorted out and catching up on some life admin in the morning. Lorraine's cousin Kay was going to come today, with her son Matt as they were visiting a college in Brighton. Also I had a cousin coming today too. And soon Liz her husband Sean, and their son Thomas, who was looking at a medical school at Sussex University arrived. After we all chatted with Lorraine, I made off with the cousins off to The Preston Park Tavern where we had a bite to eat. Then we mooched into town, through the North Laine and down to the sea. I found I really liked all of the family a great deal, and there were no awkward silences and so on. Just felt perfectly normal. Sean is a lovely guy and an engineer, Thomas a bright young lad set on studying medicine. Apparently Thomas was told that students at this particular school get a cadaver to share when they start, which really amused me. (Probably because of my little plays Wrong, and A Bite To Eat, which both feature corpses.)

We caught a cab back home from near the Pavilion and then they drove home to just outside Oxford. I'd had a lovely time with them. In the mean time Lorraine had enjoyed seeing Kay and Matt for a quick visit. 

A day in Brighton with my sudden cousin: Thomas, Liz, me and Sean.



Comments