Nipping it in the bud

Spent much of the day continuing to pull together some kind of portfolio of my work (so much work done, so little evidence of it). My new contact who had prompted this, contacted me this evening about a job that involved interviewing senior pharma execs to produce an article about Covid. I said I could do it, but was emailed four times in the evening demanding proof of all the times I had done a job just like this. I had none, of course as nobody will have done. After harrying emails, I had had enough of him and his job. So left peeved at having to turn work away, but also happy that I was able to simply nip a what would clearly have been a world of irritation in the bud.

A quick chat with mum this afternoon. We are lucky to have FaceTime at this time.

Otherwise sent a story, The Grieving, off to Supernatural Tales. Fingers Crossed. Readied another one to send tomorrow.

Dawn working upstairs again today. Lorraine home with some presents from kids and parents, and after a quick lunch she biffed into a long zoom meeting with Governors, I went for a walk and dealt with the gent in paragraph one. When it was all done, watched Modern Family for a bit, after a spot of Masterchef, and drank a beer, and Lorraine had a gin and tonic and all was well.

Comments