Semi-anonymous back cracking, and poetry zooming

Walked off this afternoon to the eastern bit of Hove, to the Sussex Back Pain Clinic, and there had an hour and a half with Bradley, an excellent osteopath. Reassuringly methodical, and the stuff he did has already helped. Quite a long walk there and back. Turns out that the Sussex Back Pain Clinic is literally across the road from where Beth is going to live, and I was busy painting at the weekend. Felt a bit odd going into a room with facemask on, and talking to a bloke in PPE too. I have no idea what the bottom of Bradley's face looks like. I felt I had good treatment though, Semi-anonymous back cracking part of it.

As I left a little before 5:30 I saw that Val had emailed me in Paris about some work next week, which was good news. Also my old pal Fraser had got in touch too, with a possible lead.

Home and I had a zoom thing, watching Charlotte chatting to her publisher Nell and deep diving into the poems in her new book. Interesting. Also afterwards, there was a zoom 'debrief' with a glass of wine with Charlotte and some of her writer pals, I and Sarah Barnsley were invited to this. Interesting people on this, Nell Nelson the publisher of Happenstance, D.A. Prince, Alan Buckley and another poet whose name I did not catch. All over fairly quickly however. Texts afterwards with Barnsley and the Gannster.



Comments