Beth in a van and Hamilton

Beth moving her belongings out today. She and Lorraine went early to her new flat, and later they returned so we could all load up a car club van she drove over with Lorraine in it too. Luckily we loaded up pretty swiftly, then they drove back, not needing me as I wouldn't fit in the van too, and Amy was helping at the other end. Despite the carrying, thanks to the work of Bradley yesterday, I felt no back pain afterwards: a real result.

I also followed up on a new business lead, put my way by my old pal Fraser, and sent out a story, rather randomly, to a US magazine. I had a long video call with Robin. And later a long chat with Mum.

Beth and Lorraine back this evening, and we had a phone in curry from The Shahi, and watched the original cast musical Hamilton that was released on Beth's Disney channel today. Beth was unbelievably excited by this and was saying it was the best thing she had ever seen. I am not a massive fan of musicals (although in fairness since I have known Lorraine and Beth my liking for them has increased somewhat) this was pretty excellent. Loved the music, the performances and the staging and theatricality of it was fab. The story, about one of the founding fathers of the US,  wasn't personally I was that invested in, but it was fine. Great to see Beth so happy about how things were turning out, and loving something so much. 

Below, a snap from Hamilton, written by and starring Lin Manuel Miranda. 



Comments