Bed hopping

A terrible night's sleep, and continually getting up to get more water as I seem to have gone to bed utterly dehydrated as well as in my cups. Far from lively this morning. Up for breakfast, however, and a little later Beth called round for brunch, bringing fruit and pastries which we ate sitting in the garden in the sun. Beth glowing with good cheer at the moment.

Later, Lorraine and I drove off to Hove to a bed shop or two, as the frame of our bed is disintegrating.  In one shop our temperatures were taken, which while I understood, was a jarring note of the new normal. Imagine if you had been diagnosed with covid in a bed shop in Hove. Lorraine and I had fun hopping between beds in a couple of showrooms, but then began to flag. Then some much needed time lounging on the gold sofa, where I at last had a doze. We watched most of The Blues Brothers film, which was fun. We had both seen it, but could barely remember it.

An early tea and water sipping night.




Comments