Whew, this time of relief

A text from Mum just as I was getting up, saying it was dangerously hot today, and maybe I shouldn't travel. I agreed, as six hours travelling in the stifling heat left something to be desired. She had the gas engineers looking at her boiler this morning. 

Anyway, after yesterday's paranoia, I decided to send Wolfgang a letter. Shortly after, bedraggled with heat, having returned home, I received an email from him. What a palaver, and I wished I hadn't sent the letter too. Bang goes any impression of insouciance. I've got to have a word with myself. I spent happy time in the day putting finishing touches to the MS. 

Otherwise it was uncomfortably hot and humid. Lorraine spent much of the day with Pat and Maureen, and Delores. Sylwia came today too, to make things presentable for Sue and John. 

Still no rain in the forecast. Sweltering humid night, but the drought goes on. It barely looks like England.   



Comments