Some real rain

It was raining in the early hours of the morning, and it rained on and off most satisfactorily until midday. Wonderful rain in just the right amount. At 8am I opened the kitchen door to enjoy the aromas of the petrichor. The rain seems almost miraculous after months of drought.

A cold this morning, sneezing and snuffling somewhat. I had to cancel seeing Brian, as the last thing he needs is a cold a few days before his knee op. Although I wasn't feeling physically wonderful, I had a wonderful day's writing.  Lunch with Lorraine, while Beth and Enzo were here. They'd been swimming this morning. Beth said Enzo has no fear and swims happily underwater.

Then an afternoon nap.  Afterwards editing a story I'd written about seven years ago, but hadn't been able to sort out. Have the feeling I am a better writer now, and what I needed to do was crystal clear. This is sort of exhilarating. Chatted to Mum. Lorraine and I in the garden before dinner, picking tomatoes and green beans. I managed to brush up against the cucumber plants too, and felt a bit itchy afterwards. The plants upright and full of glee, and flowers had opened here and there. 

Watched another episode of the BBC evolution series today, presented by Chris Packham. It is a brilliant series, clear and full of information, and delivered at a good pace. Today was how in evolving an anus, life on earth took a huge slither forwards.

Rain pooling on the garden furniture cover at 8am this morning. 




Comments