I win at Uno
Lorraine and I up early, leaving Claudia and Jonas to snooze and went to Lewes where we met old friends Jess and Andrew. Lorraine and I both a bit shocked to learn how ill she had been, having to stay in hospital for months. A horrible experience for both of them. Thankfully Jess is well on the mend now.
We had breakfast at Bill's, which wasn't as good as I remembered it. Now they are owned by some corporation, penny pinching evident in the meals. All in all a reminder that if you don't hear from people for a while, not to just assume they're busy.
Home again, and I made Claudia and Jonas some coffee before they went to spend the afternoon with Pat and Maureen. Claudia and Maureen get on very well, which is lovely to see. I spoke to Anton, who now has a cold which he blames me for despite the fact I don't have one. He is taking things easy. Brian now at home, and Yvonne looking after him. She said he was demanding and shouting for her every two minutes. I take this as a good sign.
Spoke to Mum, with whom I was unfairly tetchy, when she was saying she'd been worrying about her US pension and speaking to Robert about it. She is owed a payment still, and we await her next payment due in the next few days. I am on the case.
Otherwise Lorraine made an exemplary flan, or Flan A as we now refer to it, and we ate this up with Claudia and Jonas, and played a game or two of Uno. I even won one of the games, which I made sure I crowed about for a while. Then we made them watch some episodes of Last One Standing. Jonas's ability to get jokes in English is impressive.
And so to bed. Chelsea won today too. All well.
Comments