Guy saves the carp
Up and finalising the manuscript for a new pamphlet I've been writing in a frenzy for the last few weeks. For better or worse it is done, and I just have to send it off now. Another private feeling of accomplishment. I've entered it into a competition so nothing much more to do with it for the time being, as the results won't be announced till next year. Then I went to the gym, now that I am over my cold. Enjoyed it.
Lorraine busy, taking Pat to Eastbourne this morning. Then she brought Maureen home. In preparing a lunchtime bite for us all, I went to the glasshouse and picked a particularly gnarled, knobbly cucumber with prickles, which I showed to Maureen who was appalled by it and refused to believe it was a cucumber. She ate some of it though. A long chat with Maureen this afternoon, after she'd had an afternoon doze. It gives her a bit of a break when Pat goes off for the day, and Pat seems to enjoy it. When Lorraine drove off to Eastbourne to collect Pat in the afternoon, we had a long chat and she told me again how pleased she was Lorraine and I were together, which is always a nice thing to hear from your mother in law, even if I am a bugger who can't be trusted.
Off to the Boot with Lorraine, a full table of rebooters today: Adele and Patrick, who had been to Adele's mum's funeral the day before. It all went well, but still is a lot to cope with. Patrick's sister Catriona and her husband Gene were there. I'd met Catriona once before, and introduced myself as if I'd never met her for a moment. Steve, Mandy brought her mate Julie and a bagful of Stephen King books, one of which I borrowed, Delores, Carole, Kate, and Debbie. Just a cheery evening. Spoke at length to Guy, about his heroic actions in rescuing something like 41 large carp from Blatchington Pond as it dried up. He used social media and marvellously found someone with a lake in the field they owned behind their back garden, and he was able to gradually transport them over a few days up there where they are safe. The pond needs to be dredged a bit however.
Comments