A Fond Farewell to the Finns
Up this morning and had coffee and breakfast with Claudia and Jonas. I think they've enjoyed picking tomatoes to have on their toast in the morning. We took them to the bus stop, and waited with them till they boarded the bus to begin their long journey home. I am very fond of them, and enjoy having them at Kenny Towers. Lorraine loves having time with them of course too, so lots of hugs as we released them back into the wild. A touch of Autumnal coolness at the bus stop.
It was Pat and Maureen's 69th wedding anniversary today, so late this afternoon Lorraine cooked them dinner at their house, after having spent some time on pottery. Maureen didn't want a big fuss made, the visit to the Boot the other day being lots to deal with.
Enjoyed a quiet day, as my batteries needed a recharge. Worked on a poem a little, then read some more of The Go Between by L.P. Hartley, as recommended by the Anton & Camino book club. I love it so far. Also watched highlights of Chelsea's home win against Brighton, slightly divided loyalties but I looked sternly at Lorraine when she said, 'that's a shame,' on hearing of Chelsea's victory yesterday.
Chatted to Mum who wasn't much enjoying things being closed for the bank holiday, that feeling of the world being less available.
I cooked a substandard stir fry, but then we found the chocolate that Claudia had left behind so all was well. We are watching a drole SF adventure show called Murderbot, told from the murderous robot's perspective.

Comments