Under Golden Arches
To London this morning, arrived at Mum's about 12:30. A noticeably more relaxed mood on the train on a Friday morning. When I arrived at Mum's her table spread out with lots of papers relating to the tax form. With the help of Chat GPT, I completed it after a harrowing couple of hours. Our trip to the Waggon and 'Orses was thwarted though by the intermittent fault on her seatbelt. It had locked and wouldn't extend, Ben had looked at it for her, but the problem has returned.
Instead we sauntered up the sunny back streets to the McDonald's, which is a drive through as well as restaurant. Having swerved McDonald's for decades it was a bit of a novelty for me. Mum had a cheeseburger, and I ordered a McCrispy chicken burger with fries. Mum said you can order from a person, so I ignored all the screens and spoke to a young human who cheerily brought the meal to our table. It was clean, and once the foghorn voices of the women and children behind Mum had left, almost peaceful. The nearby school is on holiday, which helped.
I walked Mum home, and bade her a fond farewell. Next time we see each other we'll have a bit more fun.
Arrived in Seaford a little before 7pm, where Lorraine met me in the car with Andy, and we drove off to the Pump Barn on the edge of the forest, to the private view of last minute artists, where Adele and Mandy were showing their work. Patrick, Stephen, Kate and Debbie were floating about. Melissa had just left.
Lorraine and I bought a mixed media piece in the show that we both liked.
Lorraine drove us, and Steve and Andy back to the The Boot at eight for some food and a beer. Adele, Patrick and Mandy came on a bit later too. Later four of Mandy's pals from London arrived. A jolly evening, then the rest of us left Mandy and her pals to it. Happy to be home.
The publicity shot of the McCrispy. There is a lot of lipstick on that gorilla. The one I ate was thinner and didn't have the nice shaping on the bun, nor much lettuce.

Comments