Reassuring news

Up early and a bit of editing work, then off to London to see Mum and Mas at the Jolly Badger. Sweltering and close at Mill Hill. I wondered if it were too hot for them to come out, and if mum had received her call from the doctor about her tests. I was early and just had my phone in my pocket to call them, and I saw them drive past into the car park. 

Established quickly that the tests had shown that Mum did not have cancer again. This was a great relief, and Mason naturally pleased too. Mum was pleased, but also peeved that they had not got to the bottom of what was going on. However the GP said they would look again at her thyroid medication. This might explain her weight loss. It needs a blood test which takes a while to get these days. A cold lager there and mum had a pint of cider and Mas had his coke and ice. The food still decent. I felt a wave of relief about Mum. Otherwise a nice way to spend a lunchtime, sipping cooling drinks and filling takeaway boxes with chips to give to the birds of Kings Drive. Lorraine texted while I was there and was very happy with Mum's news. I aim to go up again next week too. 

An easy journey home, texting the Tobster who was of course also relieved. Noticeably cooler by the time I reached Brighton, but still very hot.  Then cooked, agreed the last minute contract an agency had given me and Keith for the next two days a few emails and calls, and then slumped down to disappear into Star Trek with Lozza.

Comments