Cheery winners

A massive sort out of wardrobes today, which was extremely cathartic. Lorraine positively happy today, in the knowledge there would be no nasty work surprises tomorrow or indeed ever again. 

 Alongside dead sea scrolls and the skeletons of assorted Narnians we discovered that I had a new pair of black jeans and an unworn pair of stylish blue shorts. Lorraine had a serious quantity of clothes. She is going to sell or give to charity some that remind her too much of work. Having cleared away lots of clothes, and vacuum packed (this a Beth idea) winter clothes we have now lots of space. Vacuum packing is ace. You put it all into a bag with a hole in it, attach your vacuum cleaner and suck all the air out of it, reducing its volume massively. Great for storage. As I had all this new shelf space, I ordered some holiday teeshirts and some German ear plugs for swimming. My ears react violently to water and I want to swim lots in Greece. 

Still run down, with dubious guts so I didn't go to the gym again today. 

Instead Lorraine and I watched the England women's team win the European Cup. Our TV must be on some kind of delay because I heard Clem next door roaring at the Lionesses about thirty seconds before England's first goal. I love hearing girl's voices singing out in the crowd.   

A proper physical game with the teams taking lumps out of each other. The Germans (of course it was The Germans) equalised however, and forced the game into extra time. England managed to scramble in another goal, thus combining a victory for England, with a golden day for women's football and the generations of women that wanted to play footie but were scorned. The first final win any England team has managed since beating West Germany in 1966 (watched by me with Dave my grandfather in Guernsey). The end of the '56 years of hurt' etc. etc.

The evening wonderfully relaxing. Star Trek the Next Generation is almost entirely binged. The last season is very patchy. We are determined to watch another Star Trek series immediately afterwards, and we don't care if that makes us Trekkies.

A team of cheery winners.

Comments