Sniggering

So a gentle start to the day, Lorraine working from home today and me with no work. We had a 'business meeting' this morning and we chased the Estate Agents and the Solicitors over cups of tea in the kitchen. 

No reply from the award winning Estate Agents, and we chivvied the award winning Solicitors. At the end of the day the Estate Agent got back with the promising news that our buyer's mortgage was approved and they were in a position to move. Yesterday Lorraine spoke with the Estate Agent in Seaford, saying we wanted to move sooner rather than later. After the call, however, it occurred to me that we may have to pay a deposit when we exchange contracts -- and we might need a short term bridging loan. Cross with myself that we hadn't clarified this earlier.   

Otherwise a lazy day. Lorraine not feeling full of pep, so had an easy day. I went to the gym, and did a workout while listening to Stephen Fry read Sherlock Holmes's story The Man With The Twisted Lip. I'm afraid this use of the word 'ejaculation' (as in exclamation), which appears quite often in the stories, compounded by the phrase 'heap of shag' made me snigger like a schoolboy:  

So he sat as I dropped off to sleep, and so he sat when a sudden ejaculation caused me to wake up, and I found the summer sun shining into the apartment. The pipe was still between his lips, the smoke still curled upward, and the room was full of a dense tobacco haze, but nothing remained of the heap of shag which I had seen upon the previous night.

After my workout I came back and finished reading Rejection Proof by Jia Jiang. I found this a motivating, practical and entertaining book.   Then I simply fell fast asleep for an hour and a half. I think Lorraine being at home is making me feel holidayish. I certainly feel disinclined to work. Perhaps compounded by the mysterious gut weirdness that compelled me to go out and buy a product called Windeze.

We are well into the last season of Star Trek Next Generation now. Thank God the franchise has so many more episodes. Spoke to the Tobster tonight who said he was watching Star Trek Voyager.  

Preston Park looking golden and utterly sunbleached.






Comments