A desire for fizzy coldness

A working with Keith day. Before that, a brainwave as it was one of the hottest days ever in this country.  Why not get up early and go to the gym. I was at it by 7:10 on London Road. I enjoyed walking across the park early, but the gym work was a bit of a shock to the system. However I did it, and was home and showered in good time for my 9:00am briefing. Trouble is I kept sweating and drank coffee. After a while I decided I was a bit dehydrated, so it didn't really help me concentrate. Judging by Keith even hotter in London. 

Hard to concentrate today, with the heat, cat intrusions, deliveries, Dusty Dolls clattering about, recording the episode intro with Robin in my lunch break, chatting to Sam and so on. 

Took delivery of a new swanky and comfortable pair of Merrell sandals. Plus another poetry acceptance from Alchemy Spoon, a magazine I have had no dealings with so far. The poem they liked for their forthcoming Space themed issue is called Rehearsal notes for first contact which is about both the space between actors on stage AND first contact with aliens. Neat eh?

After work, a saunter in the Park and picked up two bottles of sparkling water at Sainsbury's local. Passed Sam gravely doing crosswords in the garden of the Park View. I had a no drinking day today. And I realise that my desire for lager lately has been largely been a desire for fizzy coldness. 

Spoke to Anton briefly, thriving after an epic walk in Northern Spain. 

Lorraine back late after staying to see the school play. Fed her with tortellini, strawberries and chocolate. It seemed to work.



Comments