Jolly Badger

Up to Mill Hill by train. Used my Senior Railcard, which was ace and I saved some money. I met Mum and Mas in The Jolly Badger. Nice to see them. Mas on good form. Mum had been back to the hospital this morning to complete her tests. She is being philosophical about the results, and saying that she is very pleased that Toby and I are so happy in our marriages. The results are due next week and I will go up next week too. Otherwise a cheery time, and the food much improved on the last time I was there. Mum and Mas took some chips home for the birds.

Home, and the train delayed for some reason. A delivery of vegetables and fish on the doorstep. Luckily the fish in a polystyrene box full of ice.  Lorraine home, and then had a long call with Angie and Richard in Seaford. Angie has to have an op next week. 

Escaped into Star Trek. Went to bed, but woke up and sat up reading about Boris Johnson's downfall sipping chamomile tea for an hour or so, till I felt tired again. Boris set to create as much damage as possible before he goes, Trump-lite style.


Comments