Two tone

My sore throat became a heavy streaming cold. I also woke up first thing to more migraine spangles in my eyes. I think I have pinpointed what causes this... If I don't eat enough carbs the night before and I get low blood sugar. Lorraine was feeling a little better today, and managed to keep down dry crackers and a piece of dry toast, and some plain boiled rice.

Once up I made breakfast, and spoke to Mum, who is finding the grey rainy weather gloomy. I then mooched off to the shops. As soon as I stepped out of the house, Stephanie across the road hailed me and told me how down she had been since she had covid, and she certainly seemed it sharing a few quite gloomy things. I bought rehydration sachets for Lorraine, paracetamol for myself, and got some cash out using Maureen's card for her, and enjoyed being in the fresh air, and some momentary sunlight. The sea looking lovely and rough from afar. 

Pat and Maureen went back to Ashford at lunchtime by train. Beth kindly collected them and drove them off to Eastbourne, and Lorraine had arranged for them to be helped on and off at both stations. They arrived home safely and fairly swiftly.

Lorraine and I able to recover at leisure this afternoon.  I browsed through a few books seeking inspiration for the podcast, when my nose wasn't streaming like a tap. 

True to hypochondriac form, I did a covid test for the first time in ages just to be sure my cold was just a cold. 

Watched a documentary on TV about the two tone music explosion in Coventry in 1979. Which is the year I went to live on the edge of Coventry at Warwick University campus. Brought back a few memories, of my time there and seeing bands like The Beat. Inadvertently near the centre of popular culture for a while, although at the time everything seems like business as usual.



Comments