Dentist and off to London

So up and fiddling with photos and generally doing my stuff this morning.  Breakfast with Lorraine, who went off this afternoon to Rosie's mum Susan's celebration of life.  I sent my love to Rosie by text.

I went to see Coílín my dentist. Was a tad early, so stood by the sea for a bit. The sun, breaking through briefly, was beautiful and compelled me to snap it. But another old school English April day, being cold and wet. I like her very much although I had to tell her that her root and branch cleaning had made one of my teeth very sensitive. She x-rayed it and pronounced it sound, and then later put fluoride on it which she said would help with the sensitivity. She deep cleaned the other side, which was much easier and by the end of the day, I felt generally much happier all round in the mouth department, and my sensitive tooth a lot less wince inducing, and my smile slightly brighter.

Then to London to see Mum. At Lewes saw a bunch of rooks and a jackdaw on the edge of the platform. Sat with Mum, and I ordered in a pizza and we drank some wine and watched M*A*S*H and chatted. Wynford next door in hospital, a tax form to look at tomorrow, and so on.

I looked in my spam folder this evening and found I had not won the other prize I had been shortlisted for. Gah. This one even more galling as there were three publications in it, and a shortlist of ten. Still some of my poems may be printed in a magazine. Two shortlist fails in a week. That old Peter Kenny fame repellent still as potent as ever. 

A quick chat with Lorraine, who is off to Ashford tomorrow. 

Below four rooks, and a jackdaw with the glossy head. A glimpse of sunshine.





Comments