Plans gone awry

Maureen's birthday today. I got up early and began organising some notes towards another interview. Breakfast, with Maureen opening cards and presents. Lorraine had to rush off and be horribly sick, and spent the rest of the day and night in bed, probably with some kind of vomiting bug, or maybe food poisoning. Possibly from her home made kombucha we drank yesterday which was a bit pokey. I think it is a bug, and she was not at all well today. 

Spoke to Mum who had been out to a neighbour's party last night. She'd also been to the pub in the afternoon, and chatted with some of her mates there. Love the idea that she had some fun.

Rearranged the day, instead of us all going to Betty and James's place for cake and coffee, and having dinner here, Beth came around to collect the food we had bought, including lamb, and she cooked for Pat and Maureen at her place this afternoon. I stayed at home to monitor Lorraine, but instead fell asleep on the bed with her and woke up with a start an hour later. 

Pat and Maureen driven home by James, who gave me a plated up dinner. Delicious it was too.  I sat with Pat and Maureen watch a snooker final. Ronnie O'Sullivan versus Mark Selby.

To bed early I have a pesky dentist appointment tomorrow, and a lot to do. Hoping I don't get Lorraine's lurgy, or whatever this sore throat is doesn't get worse.

Nice note from a former colleague called Vicky, asking for a signed copy of Snow. Also news of a reunion in the offing for members of the agency we used to work at, called WWAV Rapp Collins in Hammersmith by the river twenty years ago. I may well go. Lou, a former colleague I didn't know very well, but was very pleasant, passed away recently, and it has spurred former agency folks to get together.

Comments