Cryptic

Lorraine out to her personal trainer this morning, and then seeing Penny. I spent some of the morning, writing my new horror story, which is going fairly well, if slowly. I enjoyed allowing the story, which hasn't a name yet but features a rabbit suit,  to fall thought a new trapdoor of psychological disturbance. 

I am still coughing like a docker and feeling a bit run down, and fancying a sleep most afternoons. Had a nice chat with Mum, who had decided to take herself off to The Waggon for lunch.  Heavy rain today. Went out for a walk, having been indoors, and a huge thundery cloud arrived as I got to the sea, but I made it back before a drenching.

In the evening Lorraine and I crept off to The Crypt to see Janet Sutherland reading. It is a gorgeous venue for reading poetry. Nice to chat to Antony Mair who was there. Janet read from the new book she is starting, and the work seemed very good. Alex Josephy read with her. Her work wasn't for me, though I liked her and she read very well. Spoke also to the guys organising these Seahaven readings, who seem a little wary of me and my difficult personality. 

Culture box ticked, home to watch a bit of TV on the gold sofa with the cats.

An uninspired snap Edinburgh Road, which is fairly near us, and leads directly to the seafront.





Comments