The sober light of dawn

Woke up at thirstily at five, with Brian meeping from room to room with a catnip fish in his mouth. Distinctly sadder and wiser this morning with a hangover. Up sometime later, and had a decent breakfast, talked to my lovely Lorraine in Ashford, where Maureen is needing plenty of rest. While I am pleased Lorraine can be there to help Maureen recover, I am missing my wifey very much.

Texted Steve to see that he had survived the night to confirm he had survived the night. Then I cleaned cat litter trays, and straightened the kitchen up after emergency cheese on toast last night. Anton called too for a chat.

Then Keith and I took a briefing from the French Bloke, Pat and Perky on a new job which we spent the day doing. It has something to do with colonoscopies so I at least I had some first hand experience. Enjoyed chatting with Keith and the others today.

Had veggie soup at lunchtime. A man called James called by to pick up Lorraine's car door. After work, I chatted with Mum, and then made off in a fine soaking drizzle to get some fish and chips. They misheard my order and only gave me small chips, which was a bit disappointing.

Watched a sweet little film called Good luck to you Leo Grande, starring Emma Thompson and Daryl McCormack. It could easily have been a play, as most of the action was confined to one room. Then I watched a documentary about music in Liverpool.

A sober tea-sipping evening and an early night. 



Comments