In the Waggon again

Maureen thankfully released back into the wild this evening. Lorraine will be coming home on Sunday, which is making me feel very happy.

Up early and off to Elstree. Skipping via Lewes, East Croydon, and St Pancras, then a walk from Elstree station to the Waggon & Horses. Arrived on time, Mum and Mas stationed by the fire, which was a bit weedy, requiring Mum, against the pub rules, to chuck another log on it. They had arrived a little earlier, to secure their spot, and Mason had a glass of wine, which was sending him to sleep. We ordered food, and I stuck to the trusty all day breakfast -- Mum had what I had and then tried to make me eat half of it.

 Mason was served a plate of the chef's own devising, featuring lots of hummus and healthy looking bits. Later one of their friends there, regular called Michael, joined us for a while, Mas introducing me as his son. He had a cigar ready to smoke outside. He was waiting for the results of his court case with one or two of his ex wives. A colourful character.

While I was in the pub, I called Keith because I had been contacted about some work next week -- which we said yes to.

I bad Mum and Mas a fond farewell, and then made my way home.  Steve said he would be in the pub so after I had dropped off my bag, and fed the cats, I mooched off for a cheeky beer. Home early, however, feeling a bit worn thin.

By the time it was bedtime I was feeling strangely rough, and felt like I was going down with something unpleasant. Channeled Lorraine and had a cup of tea and two paracetamols. 

Comments