A Monday in January

Raining most of the day. And I felt unnaturally cold. A joyless sort of working day, even though nothing bad happened and I should be pleased to have some work. Had to change clothes halfway through the day, and felt unnaturally attracted to the radiator in my room.   

An air of unreality about Lorraine watching her auntie Pauline's funeral on her iPad, while I worked.  Maureen was able to see it too in Ashford. Lorraine had been chatting with Maureen quite a bit during the day, as she hadn't been feeling very bright this morning, but was pleased that the funeral was done and felt a bit brighter in the evening.

After work I went for a walk by the shore. Really clears your head after staring at Keith on a screen all day. Went through a shadowy bit where there was little light, and a black dog poked its nose into my groin, and a man dressed in black dragged it off. No harm done, but not my favourite sort of encounter.

Lorraine and I listened to a chapter of Don Quixote tonight. I did the double thing of reading the chapter in the book, while hearing it read. Listening to a story seems to work wonders for Lorraine's ability to fall asleep.



Comments