Getting ready for green things

Japanese tea in bed, followed by English tea with milk and honey. Eventually we got up for breakfast and with a large side dish of grown up conversations about which plumber to use to replace our boiler. Then to the concrete bit at the bottom of the garden to bolt together things inside the glasshouse -- the bench and the metal frame to be used as a bed inside the structure. Still just above freezing, so lots of clothes layers needed.

After an avocado based lunch,  Lorraine drove back to Ashford. Sorry to see her going again. I kissed her goodbye then went into the kitchen. The Alexa speaker suddenly came on of its own accord, with a voice talking about gut health. I opened the front door to say she was haunting me, but she had already left.  

A walk along the seafront. Mixed feelings. A bit fed up that our January has not gone according to plan, and Lorraine and I have spent much of it apart. However, I decided to focus on the good things, such as being  grateful for being able to be so close to the sea. Home after dark, to watched the final documentary about hip hop on the BBC and cook a stir fry. Feeling listless I took myself off to The Old Boot Inn - past the church which was pealing with bells...  I wondered if the twelve people who arrived for a pint afterwards in The Old Boot Inn were bellringers.  I sat on my own, nursing a pint of mother in law, and read an essay by US poet Jane Hirshfield.   

One beer enough, and I returned home to watch Star Trek with the cats -- and have a quick chat with Lorraine.  

Below Lorraine keeping warm in the greenhouse....  Which is now nearing readiness for an abundance of green things.


 

Comments