A long wait for a tooth scrape

Up early to do some writing, but immediately put off my stroke by Calliope. She had not moved from the bed and instead of being woken by her, she stayed silent and did not move. She also did not come down for breakfast, instead of herding me downstairs. For the second time in the last week or so, suddenly convinced she was going to die. However, after an hour or so she came into my study, and sat on my lap and looked bright as a button, before falling immediately asleep on me. I spoke to Lorraine and we thought the trip to the vets would be too stressful for her, as she wasn't in any distress. After having been out from noon till seven, she seemed completely fine this evening, and her and Brian greeted me on arrival as normal. The mysteries of cats. 

Otherwise, off to Kew to get my teeth looked at. I have had to cancel my last two appointments. To make sure I got there on time, I left early. I had a dream journey -- all trains where they should be on the way up, and I found myself a ridiculous hour and a half early. Spent the time walking along the footpaths to Waterman's at Brentford and then back down past Isis Court and some back streets. The river in winter brought back memories, but it was good walking up to Brentford, the riverside there greatly changed from when I lived there. The raucous parakeets extremely well established. They always give me a slightly science fiction feel -- so obviously not a native species as they flash bright green over the liverish Thames.  

Listening to Victor Klemperer as an audiobook.

Lucinda -- my dentist of 30 years standing -- as cheery as ever, and there was little scraping to be done, and certainly no drilling. She did an X ray (I was writing about x-rays in a poem this morning) was fine and she found no problems. She said my teeth were in good shape, and I said that was due to her.  

Journey back unremarkable.  Arriving at Lewes, however, the train missed its connection to the Seaford service, so there was a half an hour wait. While I waited I phoned mum to confirm a trip up to Elstree tomorrow. I peered in at the cafe inside Lewes station, and saw that they had optics there so seem to have a licence. I resisted the temptation to pop in for a nip of something.

Fish and chips from Trawlers, but there their card machine wasn't working so I had to go to Morrisons where their cash machine wasn't working, then hurry off to Tescos. Joy, our neighbour was in the chip shop. She offered to lend me some money, a kind offer I declined.

Home and chatting to Lorraine. Two cats present and correct. Fed them then scarfed my fish and chips and spoke to Lorraine again -- Maureen now back at Ashford having had a round trip to a London hospital for an MRI of her head. She wants to come home now.

A walk by the River at Brentford -- and the last one is Strand on the Green from under Kew Bridge.





Comments