Regrouping

The big news of the day was that Maureen has been released back into the wild again and was home at noon. Lorraine off to see her again tomorrow. 

As for me, woke after anxious dreams, and determined to improve my attempts to establish a working routine, which hasn't gone well this year. But this morning I tried to get a grip, leaving Lorraine to catch up on some sleep and I got up early to work on the podcast, and then met Robin on screen for a chat and a bit of recording. Like me, Robin also at a bit of a low ebb on the poetry front (it happens to the best of us). I want to return to some sort of flow state, but this seems very hard. One major obstacle being my own inertia and lack of gusto. 

Lorraine in the garden as it wasn't raining for once, and she was pottering about in her new glasshouse -- repotting succulents, and taking geraniums out of harms way as a hard frost is predicted tonight. Lorraine and I enjoyed chatting about what colour we are going to have our walls, if we should have wallpaper or a mix, and so on. There is a lot to decide. The house has lots of tasteful wallpaper -- but the colours everywhere are all the same tone, in different nondescript pastels. I feel desperate for some more definite colours and tones.  

I went for a walk around sunset, and also did a bit of food shopping. The colours were magnificent, with clouds taking on yellow and peach colours against the blue sky, and the waves on the sea showing their shadows in the low sun. Felt so lucky to be able to reset my gyroscopes with a bit of beauty.






Comments