Lorraine home

Up at dawn and preparing to interview Robert Hamberger for Planet Poetry. When I interviewed him, I made every gaffe possible. I felt unfocussed and weirdly anxious. I may have been a bit dehydrated or something. Thank god for editing. Robert a bit nervous, but was warm and interesting. His writing is so human.

Started a general planning mind map. I want to take a helicopter view on all my activities and Mari Kondo everything -- what sparks joy & what needs to be sent to the dustbin of history. 

I interviewed Robert -- whose writing I like lots, but I made every gaffe possible. My brain was not working at all well. In retrospect I think I may have been a bit dehydrated. Thank God for editing. Robert interesting and warm. 

Immediately after, I called Lorraine who was driving back from Ashford. Lovely to have her back, if only for 24 hours. We had a short walk by the sea, and stopped off at Morrisons to buy a chicken for a roast dinner tonight. I cooked while she relaxed on the gold sofa watching The Great Pottery Throwdown. A cheery evening together. Got to watch Star Trek too, which was nice.

Chatted to Anton, who says he is putting on weight because work is so miserable, the only comfort left is to eat. Klaudia's birthday today too. And she was in Birmingham and not at home, which was a bit weird for Anton. I texted my Goddaughter and transferred some cash to her, saying not to waste it on anything sensible.



Comments