Interbrighton

A mercifully slow start this morning, and Lorraine caught up on some good sleep and I brought us quorn sausage sandwiches and cups of tea in bed with the cats happily lying about with us.

Off this afternoon to Brighton. Yay! To return digital TV aerial and see Interstellar, a baggy science fiction romp at the Kommedia. Sure the plot has more holes than a crochet blanket, but it was an exciting spectacle and the emotional bits had Lorraine weeping satisfactorily next to me. I enjoyed it a great deal - a bleakish escapism -- with some incredible visual sequences. The infinite library scene in the end (somebody has read their Jorge Luis Borges) rather splendid.

By the time I left the cinema, the headache that I had been nursing this morning had transformed into a full on thumper, and I wanted to get home rather than to The Basketmakers to meet Matt. Lorraine went off to get the car, and I popped into Sainsbury's where Beth caught up with me and we jumped into Lorraine's getaway car and returned to Haywards Heath with various provisions. I had a sleep which seemed to help the pain lift, before coming down to eat tuna steaks. Lots of pain this week. Then play a few rounds of three handed Euchre with Lorraine and Betty, which was fun.

Comments