A nasty stressful day

A difficult day. Up early and working early. Through a tiny gap in the curtain, the circle of the sun projected onto my bed where I had been sleeping.

 Stressed by my glacial progress, I felt I was already late delivering the job, which was one of those despicable mixes of extremely complicated plus very boring.  Eventually I was able to send something off to them at the end of the day after being thrown off course a bit by Mum, who contacted me at noon to say that Mason had been in hospital since Monday morning.

Mason had fallen over a couple of times, and Mum had to call an ambulance. It seems he has got the nasty chest virus that Mum had, and this had weakened him. The hospital were supposed to be phoning her, and she wanted to visit but didn't know what ward he was on, but she didn't want to use the phone. We spoke on FaceTime and then I called the hospital and spoke to some helpful folks in his ward.

Mum was able to visit, and I spoke to the physiotherapist a couple of times who had been assessing him. Mason has a bit of a chest infection, but they thought not dangerously ill -- we were discussing the care he got when he went home.

Mum obviously stressed by all this. They phoned me to say that he was being kept in overnight. Mum got back from the hospital and I spoke to her again. They are going to deliver Mason home, but this seems really hard to organise. Tomorrow maybe. The hospital struggling, as usual, thanks to the systematic defunding of the NHS by the tories. 

Pat and Maureen very sympathetic. Lorraine out this morning but being very helpful when she got back.

So a difficult day all round. Felt horrible for Mum -- and can only imagine what Mason was like in hospital. I arranged to speak to her tomorrow morning first thing, to see when I should come up. 

Below I went for a short walk by the sea not long before sunset. Also, the sun on my bed after I got up.







Comments