Cat business

Calliope sleeping on or around me all night.  Lorraine and I up early and eating our healthy seeds, berries, nuts and live yogurt etc. for breakfast with glee. Lorraine off to the doctor's first thing. Then to her personal trainer. I lurked at home, catching up on this blog and gradually getting my act together, Calliope insisting on sitting on my lap all the time.

In the afternoon Lorraine and I took Brian who had a poorly paw off to Top Cats in Patcham. Another drive in teeming rain. He had a painful sore claw that was digging into his pad, and becoming infected. We came away with his paws sorted out, nails removed (with some blood) and antibiotics and painkillers to administer. A nice vet called Henry. I am always amazed at how a good vet can handle an animal without them freaking out. Brian was already much perkier by the time we got home. And it wasn't as eyewateringly expensive as we had feared. 

Had my reading in Lewes confirmed for Thursday 11th January,  in the John Harvey Tavern for the Needlewriters -- with Robin.  Robin had to bump her interview today, as her voice (and brain) is shot with her heavy cold. She sent me a photo of Bobby, their black cat, with a collar on because he had been overgrooming and made his back sore. Cats. 

Went for a walk this evening just after sundown by the sea. It wasn't even raining. This photo at 5:07pm. Not much light about any more.



Comments