Gingerly to the gym

After breakfast, Lorraine off to meet Dawn in Bolney. Afterwards she went to Brighton to hang out with Rosie.

I spent till 1:30pm laboriously concluding my edit of the most recent podcast interview -- took ages for some reason. Sent it off to Robin. In the afternoon and when the rain abated, I went off to the gym for the first time since I had injured my back. A quarter of an hour only on the cross trainer, and my back began to clench up. But this a big improvement on where I had been. I did some of my trademark mild-mannered weights and left. Still it felt good to have walked to the gym and back, and done something at least.

Saw on Facebook that a copywriter I worked with twenty odd years ago, Barry, had died. Lots of people leaving messages.

Lorraine home early this evening, and changed immediately into her PJs. Later in the evening I popped out to the Boot at nine, and saw a band there for an hour.  The bassist and harmonica player Stuart also play with the Sumerian Kyngs, so Steve was among pals. The band, who played bluesy, jazzy rock, whose name I did not catch, were excellent, with a woman guitarist who was fantastic.  After having a chat with the band, in their break, I slipped away not wanting to stay out or drink much. Steve said he'd asked them if they wanted to go back to his place post-gig, but everyone just wanted to go home. 

Interesting being in the Boot on Saturday. People of all ages, many of them listening and even dancing, not pictured. A real community place for a night out. Steve introduced me to a friend of his called Francesca, who had recently moved here too, who was into art and music and was the sister of a musician friend of Steves, that I had met a few times. 

Home and happy to sprawl again on the gold sofa with Lorraine before bed. 

Below what the band lacked in charisma was more than made up for in musicianship. 


 

Comments