Being paid

Up at dawn, and went to my desk. Everyone else still abed. Looking at my poems, and one of those days where you look at every poem you have in progress and see only drivel.  Meanwhile Robin did yet more edits on the episode. This episode has taken ages to edit.  

Received an email in French this morning, inviting me to a briefing this afternoon. Pleased that some actual work had solidified out of the miasma. I went for a walk along the seaside briefly at lunchtime. Then hurriedly in half an hour wrote the copy for the podcast episode, just as I was completing it Robin uploaded a photo and I lost the lot.  Then took a fragmentary and confused brief, with at points, people talking very loudly over each other in French.  They want me to sort it out for them. It might take some time. The sensation of being paid quite nice though.

Planet Poetry's new episode finally uploaded at 4 o'clock on schedule. It features me interviewing Martyn Crucefix, who I liked a lot. 

Keith got in touch while I worked this afternoon, and we are going to have a virtual cup of coffee tomorrow morning.  Also my accounts for the last tax year have all now been filed, and the accountant paid, which is a tidy feeling.

Lorraine cooked chicken curry this evening and we all sat at the kitchen table scarfing it. I am going to have a cheeky beer with Anton tomorrow. The good thing about waiting days for a brief, is that when you come to take it, it's almost the weekend.

Spoke to Mum this evening, interrupting her watching of MASH. 

Comments