Pints of mother in law

Got up early to work on editing the podcast interview. Did this for a few hours. Lorraine zooming about with energy this morning doing lots of jobs. And after a few hours I tore myself away from the computer, and did some work in the garden with Lorraine, as it wasn't pouring with rain. Of limited use, as I'm still not able to bend very well, but enjoyed hacking at a rogue buddleia and moving some plastic water tanks which Lorraine filled with compost and so on. I also knelt, with great care, by the fishpond and removed overgrown weed, and leaves. The water felt cold. 

After a spot of lunch, I mooched off to Baca, a little cafe nearby, to have coffee with Yvonne, who was nailing down details of me being Santa for their little grandsons. Yvonne said Brian had done it last time, but with his black moustache and false glasses he looked too sinister. The plan is that I shall slip over and Brian will take me into the shed to secretly try on their Santa outfit.  

In the evening Lorraine and I popped into The Old Boot Inn to see Steve. He'd been invigilating at a local school most of the week. But it had been a hard week for him, as an excellent old friend of his succumbed to cancer this week. He was in need of a beer and a dose of normality. We drank a few pints of 'mother-in-law' the mix of half a Harvey's old ale and half a Harvey's best bitter in one glass. Lovely. Good to see him.

Loraine and I didn't spent too long in the pub, however, and returned home to eat fish pie and have a fairly early night.   

Below an arty shot of rain on a nasturtium leaf. 





Comments