Sian, and as nice as apple pie

Up and breakfast with Pat and Maureen.  Later Pat and Maureen spent time enjoying watching a Davis Cup tennis match on TV between Finland and Australia. We wanted the Finns. In the evening they were watching darts. They love games on TV.

Sian came down from London. I collected her from Seaford station, and we sat about chatting. She was in good spirits, and we caught up as Lorraine cooked vegetable lasagne, using, among other things, a celeriac Lorraine asked me to dig up from the raised bed. Our celeriacs are big things, the size of large pineapples. 

Lots of chatting with Sian, and then she and I walked to the Martello tower and Seaford Head, and we met Lorraine, Pat and Maureen there, who had a walk in the sun. A cold but beautiful day. Enjoyed chatting with Sian about all kinds of things. Quite a bit about the situation in Gaza. She had recent been on a protest that culminated outside the new American Embassy. 

Home and we all had a late lunch in the dining room. A red letter day. Lorraine cooked apple pie, so I had apple pie and custard, and I love apple pie and custard. I often ask Lorraine about apple pie. Almost nothing is as nice as an apple pie with custard.

I walked Sian back to the station, looking up at the big moon in the frosty sky. We had really enjoyed her visit. 

A quiet evening. Chelsea lost, but all well.

Below... Squinting into the low sun over the sea. An attractive view of cars. Wrapped up: Lorraine, Maureen, Pat (with a borrowed bobble hat) and Sian, then Lorraine and I swap.




Comments