Half dry

Thank God for my new wet top, as I walked to the station in an absolute deluge this morning. I wore light coloured corduroy trousers and these were dark and heavy with rain by the time I got on the train, but my top half was bone dry. Managed to dry out during the morning, then went out to buy a sandwich for lunch and was surprised again by another hosing downpour, and had wet legs all over again.

Otherwise an uneventful day at work, although quite pleasant. People talking about ebola. A slow and tedious journey home. Listening to the Zone of Interest, by Martin Amis. Then spoke to Janet walking back from the station after an MRI yesterday. Very happy to be back home with Lorraine.

Reading Lorraine one or two of Kingsley Amis's letters before sleep. He cared lots about his poetry, I read some of it today and didn't like it.

Below people taking shelter at lunchtime.




Comments