A Fab Friday

What a difference a decent seven hours sleep makes to my mood. Felt cheery and awake. Even started a poem on the train going to work.  Deeply thankful for it being Friday.

A pre-arranged half hour phone call with a very pleasant woman called Jasmin from Kogan Page today. I was expecting this to be the end of the road, due to earlier discussions about business models and so on. To my surprise Jasmin seemed very enthusiastic about my marketing book -- and totally got the structure and idea. Very impressed with her. She is going now to pass it to some experts in the field for their opinions. Any celebration is premature, but I do feel vindicated in as much as my idea is being taken seriously by one of the World's foremost business publishers.

Rather buoyed by this. And my good mood continued throughout the afternoon, not even dented by a presentation at the end of the day, where Fernanda and I presented excellent work which was received rather dourly.

Home to my lovely wife, and we walked to the Signalman and we had a quick drink there while I talked rapidly and with wild eyes about what the publication of this book might mean career wise. Collected a Shahi curry (horrifically they were too booked for us tonight) and we sunk sighing with relief into the weekend.

Toby called and I had a long FaceTime chat with him about various low smile count family matters. Toby and the Romster have had so much to cope with this year. Great as ever to talk to my bro, or more accurately his ceiling as glimpses of Toby on FaceTime are like Big Foot or Yeti sightings.

And so to bed.

Below walking through Russell Square this morning, I snapped this. Warm, low sun and autumnal leaves. Autumn always makes my spirit soar.




Comments