Interlude in Sées

A slow morning. Lorraine and I had another cheeky game of boules, another close game. Breakfast, the little boy full of sunshine. 

Lorraine and I had some time in Sées. A beautiful little town, or perhaps a city as there is a cathedral and a bishop. We walked about in the gothic Cathedral, built between 1210 and 1310. You feel a bit like an ant walking in there, dwarfed by the majesty of divinely-inspired architecture.  Some gorgeous glass in there too. I was looking at the a list of war dead, and struck by the word Disparus for missing. 

Then across the road to a lovely Patisserie where we bought some pastries, and baguettes. I ate an apple pastry, buttery flaky pastry, with sweet cooked apple in the middle. Absolutely delicious. We nosed in several shops and then popped into the supermarket for assorted treats, and headed home.  Pleased with myself that I tried to stick to French. In fact later, we were talking to Charlie, whose English is worse than my French and we managed to convey lots of information to each other. Lorraine and I had taken Enzo to the zoo zone, while Charlie was cleaning it out. He took me to the fowl house, and gave me seven eggs. Fascinating range of colours: greenish, to grey, brown and white.   

Saw lizards sunning themselves in the garden. 

We watched the second half of When Harry Met Sally. I love a romcom. To bed, and I read a couple of chapters of The Go-Between. A brilliant book.

Below multicoloured eggs,  









Comments

Glow Green AUS said…
This is a beautifully written reflection that captures the character and atmosphere of Sées so vividly. At GlowGreen AUS, we appreciate how travel and cultural experiences encourage us to slow down, observe, and connect more deeply with the places around us. Sustainable communities are built on this same appreciation for heritage, environment, and thoughtful stewardship. Thank you for sharing such an engaging glimpse into a place rich with history and charm.