Delores's birthday

A Peter Friday with some time to think. I read Charlotte's Orange Cats. I love the way she writes, often with a deceptive simplicity that takes you straight into complex and interesting subjects. She really is such an excellent writer, and I wrote to her to say how good I thought it was. 

My own thinking about writing, still a bit bitty and unproductive. I feel like I've emptied my larder of ideas, and need to go out into the world and get some new ones. 

Spoke to Anton, still in his liminal phase, but he has two appointments next week. Also Mum. I went to the gym this afternoon, and it was a good time to go.

In the evening Lorraine and I off to  The Union Club to celebrate Delores birthday. Many of the rebooters, plus Delores' daughter Sophie, and grandchildren including Asha who I've had a good chat with in the past. Yvonne and Brian there, with their pal Martyn, who I liked very much. Great to see Brian cheery and out and about after his knee replacement. 

Delores had made food, and there was a buffet of nibbles and jerk chicken and so on. Lots of fun was had. At some point people discovered little water pistols and there was a good deal of water pistol action, and hilarity. Best of all was a song that Patrick had written using words by Delores. It was a lovely song, about ageing and the idea of being glamorous. Gave the evening real emotional heart.   

A snap of a few of the people who attended. Most of whom had been squirted by water pistols not long before. Below, Debbie, Lorraine, Andy, Adele, me, Mandy, Delores, Asha.



Comments