Boules
A poor night's sleep, probably caused by drinking excellent French boozes, a little local cider here (super tasty and only 3% proof, a few of what Beth calls stubby beers. Enzo had a poor night, possibly because of teething, so Beth and James a bit frazzled too. They took Enzo off to Seés the nearby town, and Lorraine and I played a game of boules in garden, where there is an excellent boules court. Lorraine it seems has played this game before, but I was able to sneak a win.
The sun hot when out, but a bit cloudy otherwise. We sat outside lots, Lorraine studying a large book about pottery glazes, while I plodded through a translation of André Breton's difficult, but sometimes rewarding, surrealist poetry.
I also mooched about the grounds taking photos on Canon camera. However I am unable to download these onto my laptop, and uploading them is intermittent. So photos later. First time for quite a while when I felt properly relaxed.
Wonderful news from First Matie, who may well be released back into the wild next week, under the adult supervision of Ian or her Mum. Anton doing well too.
In the evening once the bairn went to bed, we watched the first half of When Harry Met Sally, but everyone so tired we stopped halfway, and went to bed instead. The wee boy crying lots as soon as Beth and James went up, probably due to teething, but he soon settled. To bed, where I slept peacefully.
Comments