Horrible news
Off this morning to Edgware. Trains somewhat slow I ended up going viaVictoria and tubing it. While doing this I got a note from Kate's friend Lou, saying that Kate was seriously ill in hospital with liver failure, and the doctors were not hopeful. Shocked by this news, which cast a shadow on the day. Lou was seeing her today, and said did I have a message for her.
Reached Edgware, and took a looked at Mum's papers, to sort out the US pension business. Turns out that payments were made in June and July according to the bank statements, and I am fairly sure the August one will show she was paid then too. So this is good, although proved that she'd not had a problem with her payments after all.
However Mum received a delivery of a protein product that she'd been conned into, so I followed this up, and hopefully have stopped this. Then to Mum's new local, The Plough. Her pals weren't there. It is a huge and rather nicely done new pub, but it was entirely empty on a Monday afternoon, and although there were several staff, the friendliness level was quite low. Mum thinks that her pals have moved elsewhere now.
On the way home, feeling horrible about Kate, Lou texted me again, saying she'd been with Kate and passed on my love. Home late feeling tired and depressed, and packed, and ended the day with an acutely upset stomach.
Comments