Being snapped at Splash Point

Up early, but not exactly with a spring in my step. Lorraine off and collecting the baby boy for the day. He has a cough and is a bit under the weather, but still scooting about the place and learning how to climb stairs and so on.  

Off to drawing class early, so that I could bag my rightful place. My rival for that spot didn't turn up today. Had fun drawing but I just couldn't seem to get in the right position without my shoulder hurting. I had brought my desk easel but the heights were all wrong. I am still rusty, only having had one session before this since June. Keeping the bodies in proportion seems to be my main challenge at the moment. Nice chats with Debbie, and Melissa and Kate, and the other man that goes occasionally called Mike. 

Home and lurking about with Enzo and Lorraine. I had a sleep mid afternoon which helped everything. 

Innis and Rosie arrived at about half four, and I made off with Innis to Splash Point. We bumped into Adrian and Laura en route, which was funny. They are coming to the Boot tomorrow night.

At Splash Point Innis took some author photos. I wanted the chalk in which people have carved names and hearts and other bits in. The sun came out intermittently and when it did Innis showed me how golden it made everything. Mid shoot an older woman stopped Innis to begin a lengthy conversation with him about his photography, and if she could find him online and so on. Hilarious. Because it was Innis, I didn't feel too self conscious, and had fewer outbreaks of buffoonish gurning as I might normally do.

A quick pint in the Wellington, before we were summoned home for a lovely chicken dinner Lorraine had cooked, a cheery evening, though not late.

Below Innis, Innis photographing cormorants, and a glimpse along the coast, and Enzo ascends.  




Comments