My egg cups runneth over

Valentine's day. I managed to not get Lorraine anything this year, which I felt bad about. I had a nice card, from Lorraine who forgave me and a tasteful set of egg cups as I'd remarked the other day we needed some. I think Valentine's day is more for the hopeful unattached really, but it is nice to be thought of. In the love department my (egg) cups runneth over.

Despite it being a gorgeous sunny day, I was in a poor mood this morning, despite it being the last day of the job with Keith. Doing a job when you feel ill is no good. I was far from my best all the way through it -- and this harmed what we produced. On this last day I kept thinking fondly of a former art director, Nev, who, when we were working on a computer catalogue, endlessly repeated the mantra 'you can't shine shit'. 

Lorraine and I mooching about in the garden for a bit at lunchtime, even sitting briefly in our summerhouse till I was summoned by text back to my desk. Just so happy in the garden at the moment.

Done for the day just as Lorraine -- who had a busy day working about the house -- was leaving to stay with Pat and Maureen overnight. Maureen looking much improved, Lorraine said this evening.

Tired and not able to focus on much tonight. Relieved to be able to take some time out now, but still an undercurrent of feeling fractious. Robin has a nasty cold so we are not going to record this week, which is a bit of a boon. I feel I need to get my four pins on the floor and regroup. Shepherded to bed by Brian.

  

 

Comments