Free to walk under a watery sun

A work free morning, so naturally I was wide awake at seven. Not a great night's sleep without Lorraine. Brian making strange noises on the duvet woke me up in the middle of the night.  

After an early breakfast, and putting the washing machine on, I slipped out for a walk. I counted seven times people cheerily wished me good morning, the majority of them ladies walking dogs. Seaford is friendly.

I'm not much of a one for the canine fiends, but there was one small dog that when walking lifted its legs like a horse doing dressage which made me laugh out loud. The tide out, revealing a bit of sand. A hazy sun. Fresh air, and all good. Only walked for 40 minutes, but felt quite tired at the end of it -- usually 40 mins is nothing to me.

Home and hung out the laundry outside on the line (channeling my inner Maureen who has clear rules about hanging things) then went to my desk to briefly tinker with poems. Fixed two of them, which felt good -- one of them I think is rather good. Just as I was settling into a flow, the effing freelance job thrust its hand out of the grave. Keith and I having to swap messages and make a tweak etc. 

Did a little reading. Spoke to Anton and to Keith briefly, then slept heavily. This evening Lorraine back from Ashford. Maureen is looking and feeling much better, which is excellent news. 






Comments