The wrong sort of green

An amazing electrical storm while it was still dark this morning. The lightning flashes every other second on average, the type of storm that belongs to Greece which created an ominous continuous rumble. The strange sight of persistent rain till around noon too, very welcome in this neck of the woods. Lorraine went downstairs during the storm to close a window in Sam's study, and had to clamber seminaked on a table gothically illuminated by flickers of lightning. Beth told Lorraine that a tree outside their flat had been struck. 

Toast this morning -- with our plum jam, now a bit thick but delicious.

Otherwise slipped the surly manacles back on for a day working with Keith for a new client. Most amusing part was that we did this initial stage as a giant mind map, for which I had the software. Fun to observe Keith writhing with pain when I selected the wrong sort of green and so on. The client's project at an early stage -- so we were mainly defining the strategy rather than doing creative work.

Finally invested £25 in Simple Minds mind mapping software, having used the freebie version for years after Keith was laughing at me for not investing in the thing that I actually earn money using. 

Strange to have Lorraine at home. She brought me a coffee in at one point, and I sat with her at lunchtime. She was resting, but also quietly productive, knitting her octopus (now with new non confiscated needles) doing pre-move tidying through drawers and sticking some rogue tiles to the kitchen wall. 

I began my pre colonoscopy diet, luckily I gave the leaflet to Lorraine for adult supervision. Turns out I should be eating things without fibre, rather than with it which was my takeaway. So I bought some plasticy white bread and had boiled potatoes and a bit of white fish and skinless tomatoes for my supper. Yum. 

Chatted with Mum after work, and then Beth popped in for a bit after giving one to one drama training to a lucky prodigy.

Then Lorraine and I had a quick walk around Blaker's park -- getting the obligatory whiff of skunk from the middle class teenagers on the naughty bench, and popped into the Park View, where Sam was doing crossword puzzles to chat with him before going home to cook. Trying Deep Space 9 again tonight. Growing on us a little.


Comments