Jam at last

Slept uneasily, unable to tolerate the state of our plum jam. After discussion with Lorraine I decided to buy some pectin and redo it. Lorraine worked out that because the fruit had been so ripe there was very little pectin in it. 

Arrived at the Solicitors at 1:30 to drop off an important signed document, only to find that Healy's were actually in a space time anomaly somewhere in the 19th century judging by the fact their reception was closed for lunch till two. Called Lorraine. Then Keith messaged that the client meeting he was about to join wanted me on it (despite the fact I was explicitly not being invited earlier). Couldn't do this as I was in the middle of Brighton. Then Bob called and we had a nice chat as I walked to Infinity foods. He seems in good spirits, and we're going to hook up soon. Bought some liquid pectin in infinity foods, which surprised me as I was expecting it to be a power. Then back to the solicitor to passively aggressively drop off my envelope.

Lorraine did the last of her school emails today. Hurrah!

Lovely Charlotte had found out I had been shortlisted for book publication at Poetry Canon and sent me a lovely note.

Then to the gym where I did a decent workout.

Home a chat with Keith and then I wrote an email to the client clarifying that I was actually needed and what we would be doing tomorrow. After this done, Lorraine and I reboiled the jam and added pectin. This time the jam was clearly setting and still tasted thoroughly jammy -- so vindication and a triumph for persistence.


Comments